10.05.2024, 10:43 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
janci
Titel: IM (need ICQ, MSN and Yahoo)  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 22:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Jun 2006

Hi, I need some help with IM... I have direct connection to internet, I don't use proxy but I can't send files over ICQ ... Anyone knows what can be the problem...? I tried Kopete, Gaim and SIM...
Under windows it's working without any problem...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
kb0hae
Titel: RE: IM (need ICQ, MSN and Yahoo)  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2006, 08:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jul 2005

Hi. I do not know about ICQ, or msn , but I use Yahoo with Gaim, and I cannot send or recieve files. I found out a while back that people using 2 different version of Yahoo could not exchange files either (in Windows). I think with Yahoo its an attempt to get you to use the latest version of Yahoo messenger. Not sure if the other IMs are doing the same thing. Its too bad most broadband ISPs won't let you set up a private FTP server. This would make it easy for individuals to transfer files.

Makes me think of the BBS days. (I know...Showing my age here!). Many terminal programs used to connect to a BBS had a mini-BBS that others could dial into to download files. What we really need is an internet program to allow 2 people to connect and transfer files.

ttyl.

wegface
Titel: RE: IM (need ICQ, MSN and Yahoo)  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2006, 12:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Nov 2005

yeah for sure

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.