06.05.2024, 04:29 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Gowator
Titel: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2006, 17:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
How can I remove packages that have been downloaded and cached in the cache after I deinstall them.

--clean removes everything ant autoclean anything not downloadable but I just want to purge certain packages from my local cache... ?

I don't think I can just delete them or the index will be messed up?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 02:51 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
Gowator hat folgendes geschrieben::

I don't think I can just delete them or the index will be messed up?

Well I don't know what the official policy on this is but I can say that deleting pkgs in /var/cache/apt/archives does not seem to cause any problems. Apt simply downloads what it needs if it isn't there.

Of course you can always experiment for yourself. Instead of actually deleteing pkgs use mv Winken a good habit to get into anyway.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
t-bone
Titel: RE: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 05:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

I belive the commands are:

apt-get clean

apt-get autoclean

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
Gowator
Titel: RE: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 10:17 Uhr

t-bone, these delete ALL files in the cache and ALL files which can no longer be found in the repo ...
The point is I want to keep all the files I have installed and not uninstalled but delete the ones which are uninstalled.

I guess it just can't be done automatically ... perhaps I can delete what I want and then find a way to regenerate the index files? The idea is I wanted to make my own Debian install disk ... OK Im not sure why I want to do this .... I guess its just learning ... but now Ive started I have made a VMWARE virtual machine and wanted to do this as an educational thing....

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
schnorrer
Titel: RE: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 12:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

apt-get remove pkg pkg --purge as root does normaly the job. otherwise apt-get remove pgk wil left the /var/cache/apt intact wihle linux is a multi-user-system, and other users may need or want to install this pkg's

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Gowator
Titel: RE: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 14:25 Uhr

Thx Schnorrer, I guess that is what I was looking for.

t-bone
Titel: RE: Re: APT: How to delte removed packages from the cache  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.06.2006, 07:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Sehr glücklich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 10:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

I'm currently up to 3GB and / space is disappearing. Can I :

Copy /var/cache/apt/archives to DVD
apt-get clean

then, install off the DVD if I want an old version for some reason?

drb

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 11:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Yes you can, later when you want to reinstall missing/removed pack. you can get errors while the DVD does not to be recognised as a install-medium.

To install debs from that kind of DVD: apt-get install /media/dvd/path/to/deb or dpkg -i /media/dvd/deb

drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 11:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

Thanks for the help! / space back to 'normal'!

drb

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.