16.04.2024, 19:50 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
shame
Titel: Custom images in screensavers?  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 17:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Apr 2006
I've been trying to set up the carousel screensaver to show images of my son but I can't find anywhere to specify custom images.
Last time I used kscreensaver (over a year ago) I was able to do this.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
jbs1136
Titel: RE: Custom images in screensavers?  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 19:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Jul 2006
shame,

I haven't used that one but under "Banners & Pictures" there is one called "slide show". Below the window is a button labeled "Settings" and you can select the folder you want it to use. I have a file with pictures of my grandkids, etc broken down by years and contains probably 1000 photos. They rotated through with no problems. The file is located on a sata drive different from the os.

john

shame
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 20:54 Uhr

I tried the one you suggested and it did have an input box but I had my heart set on the carousel one.
When I tried it over a year ago my comp at the time was too slow to run it and now I have the power it won't let me choose images Traurig

jbs1136
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 22:20 Uhr

I took a look at the settings for carousel. They tell you how to change the folder that you want displayed, just don't provide the means. It says "To tell it where to find the images to display, go to the Advanced tab on the Screensaver Preferences window". If it were there it would be helpful. I google searched for any info on it and couldn't find anything that pertained. Looks pretty cool and I would like to try it also. If you figure it out, please post back.

Good Luck,

John

shame
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 23.10.2006, 01:28 Uhr

I've still had no luck working this out. I've also checked it out in suse and sabayon and they are the same.

Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.10.2006, 07:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Dez 2004

...the "Advanced" tab on the Screensaver Preferences window...
cannot be found in the screen saver setup in Control Center. simply run xscreensaver-demo - you will find it there. a warning about XScreenSaver-Demon not running can be safely ignored.

shame
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.10.2006, 11:55 Uhr

Thanks muchly, that worked a treat. Carousel and others are now showing my custom images.

jbs1136
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.10.2006, 05:25 Uhr

0815, thanks for the help.

shame, thanks for bringing this up. This is a really cool screensaver.

john

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.